WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Unfortunately my client wants a flash intro in front of a wordpress site. I wanted to know the process of redirected the homepage to be the flash intro and then go to the wordpress site. I read you can do this through the htaccess file but I'm not sure how to do it.

asked 13 Feb '11, 11:26

bemoses
accept rate: 0%

It would be easier if you do the following:

Do up a template (hint: look at onecolumn-page.php in twentyten theme) containing the flash intro.

WP dashboard > Pages > Add new. Name it 'intro page' and select the template on the right hand side.

WP dashboard > Settings > Reading. Select static page, pick the page you have done earlier and that's it.

You could always tell your client that flash intro belongs to the 90s and is inaccessible to everyone.

permanent link

answered 13 Feb '11, 12:34

craigp

I've told them that and I normally would do that(the template method) but I had to make a iframe because they want another lame idea of playing continuous music throughout the site. I don't want the flash intro to be wrapped in the iframe. I was going to create a page with the flash intro then use the htaccess method to have that be the first page then link it to the wordpress site with the iframes.

permanent link

answered 13 Feb '11, 12:47

bemoses

Just don't have the iframe load when on the intro page. If you've got the iframe code in the header.php and footer.php files then you can specify other header and footer template files in the get_header() and get_footer() functions:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_header

permanent link

answered 23 Feb '11, 00:49

SwitchBlade

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×75
×1

question asked: 13 Feb '11, 11:26

question was seen: 4,411 times

last updated: 23 Feb '11, 00:49

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM