WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am trying to use Outlook for Web for an email address set up on WebFaction. I managed to connect the account, and am able to send and receive emails.

However, Outlook for Web only fetches emails hourly. Sending an email is instant, but refreshing the Inbox does not happen automatically. There is no setting to change the frequency of the refresh in the client.

I contacted Microsoft support (even reached level 2 support), but they concluded it is a server issue (in their view, probably linked to the fact that I am using multiple clients -- in this case, iPhone Mail app -- on the same mailbox) and asked me to contact you.

Do you have any suggestions if it is possible to increase the frequency of the inbox refresh server side?

asked 27 Jul, 07:24

rteslaru's gravatar image

rteslaru
accept rate: 0%

There is no server-side concept of an "inbox refresh". When mail arrives at our mail server, it goes to your inbox immediately.

If you'd like WebFaction to look into your issue further, then please open a support ticket including the complete headers of one of the messages that seemed to take a while to arrive in your Outlook inbox. We'll then compare that to our mail logs to help you identify where the delay is really happening.

permanent link

answered 27 Jul, 18:56

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.9k21333
accept rate: 37%

Thanks, will do.

(27 Jul, 19:16) rteslaru rteslaru's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×20
×5
×1
×1

question asked: 27 Jul, 07:24

question was seen: 2,585 times

last updated: 27 Jul, 19:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM