WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello all;

I work on the database locally and then update it at the end of the day by deleting the database via Webfaction's web interface, recreating the database, then logging into webfacton via putty to run the command (psql -U nyob meplaygamenow < ~/meplaygamenow.sql) that populates the database.

Is there a less harsh way for me to be updating the production database that maybe is more like flushing the old data out rather than deleting the database and recreating it?

I ask because I need an easy way to update my work at the end of the day tat doesn't result in a lot of downtime with errors like this:

psql: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user "dotcomboy", database "meplaygamenow", SSL off

I get this right after creating the database anew, sometimes only for a minute, sometimes for hours. Uptime of my site is so important and the site relies on the database, so I need to know if this is WebFaction's fault or mine,and if mine what I should do to fix it.

thx so much for your help in advance! :)

asked 15 Aug, 20:43

Rodney%20Lewis's gravatar image

Rodney Lewis
accept rate: 0%

Are you able to access and modify your database remotely rather than delete/create at the end of each day?

See: https://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/databases.html?highlight=remote%2520access#accessing-a-database-remotely

We can also enable remote access directly if you prefer to use a specific MySQL client to connect with.

(15 Aug, 23:12) NickR ♦♦ NickR's gravatar image
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×888
×331
×105
×49
×4

question asked: 15 Aug, 20:43

question was seen: 121 times

last updated: 15 Aug, 23:12

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM