WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I setup two Subversion repos apps (first of many) one pointed at svn.domain.com/ and another pointed at svn.domain.com/2/ (trailing slashes not allowed, so technically just /2) ... the /2 seems to be inaccessible. 404. Probably because it is being treated as a folder in /.

Seems like a very "logical" thing to be able to mount apps within apps. How can my situation be remedied? (please don't tell me to do things differently :)

asked 14 Feb '11, 14:07

Mick
accept rate: 0%

edited 14 Feb '11, 14:08

Subversion will take control of the roots under its current root. So app 1 is taking control of everything under it not allowing app2 to work. To avoid this you would have to bind your first app to /1 and not the root /. You can create a empty "static/PHP/CGI" application and mount it to /. You could than use that app to create rules that would automatically forward the tailing slash for you or a list of your repos. Some other apps will behave like this too, and it is just a part of how they work and typically can not be changed without heavy modification to the core code.

permanent link

answered 14 Feb '11, 15:32

johns
5.3k312
accept rate: 23%

edited 14 Feb '11, 15:33

I was just going to comment that changing the app order might help. Should probably not be necessary though. Will try that first real quick...

(14 Feb '11, 16:50) Mick

Hmmm, it changes the order either way. I already have a single non-static www app setup that points a number of domains to different places. I dunno exactly how to make it play nice with with the automatic setup that WebFaction deploys for Subversion though.

Would .htaccess / ModRewrite be used? If so or if not, what would it look like?

(14 Feb '11, 16:59) Mick

We would have to see the current deployment to know what to recommend, you should submit a support ticket so we can look.

(14 Feb '11, 17:27) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×24
×20
×11
×1

question asked: 14 Feb '11, 14:07

question was seen: 2,163 times

last updated: 14 Feb '11, 17:27

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM