WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I tried to install Ghost with the new CLI tool on a NodeJS application and it didn't work.

Using the pre-configured app from the list, you can successfully install Ghost (I did with version 1.4.0 and now the only available version is 1.5.1) but then how can one update it to a newer version, since they are releasing smaller and faster updates?

Should I create a new app with the new available version of Ghost from WebFaction (every time there is an update), or there is an undocumented way of updating Ghost (like the old file-overwriting method)?

asked 16 Aug, 00:36

rodrigo's gravatar image

rodrigo
accept rate: 0%

This was answered earlier today: How should I upgrade Ghost v. 1.x to newest version?

Basically, we didn't support ghost-cli until we released our 1.5.1 installer. If you follow the upgrade procedure linked in the answer to the earlier question, you'll then be able to use ghost-cli for future upgrades.

permanent link

answered 16 Aug, 00:47

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.8k21333
accept rate: 37%

That's amazing @seanf! I didn't see hakimjonas question before, but saw your post about updating from 0.11 to 1.5. I just added a comment there to other people. Thank you!

(16 Aug, 12:10) rodrigo rodrigo's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×44
×27
×2

question asked: 16 Aug, 00:36

question was seen: 160 times

last updated: 16 Aug, 12:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM