WebFaction
Community site: login faq

When running the ghost start and stop commands, I get the following error:

/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:1079
      else throw err
           ^

Error: unknown

at module.exports.sync (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:303:26)
    at handleShell (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:105:9)
    at Function.module.exports.shellSync (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/execa/index.js:312:43)
    at SystemdProcessManager.isRunning (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/extensions/systemd/systemd.js:61:19)
    at Instance.running (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/instance.js:119:27)
    at StartCommand.run (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/commands/start.js:28:22)
    at Function._run (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/command.js:198:48)
    at Object.handler (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/command.js:117:22)
    at Object.self.runCommand (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/yargs/lib/command.js:233:22)
    at Object.Yargs.self._parseArgs (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:990:30)
    at Object.Yargs.self.parse (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/node_modules/yargs/yargs.js:532:23)
    at Object.run (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/lib/bootstrap.js:165:14)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/gordonbailey/webapps/pl/lib/node_modules/ghost-cli/bin/ghost:14:11)
    at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:487:32)

asked 17 Aug, 03:54

gordonbailey's gravatar image

gordonbailey
accept rate: 0%

I can't seem to reproduce this error on a test account. Did you make any changes or install additional modules before this started happening?

(17 Aug, 22:51) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image

I'm seeing this error today as well while trying out Ghost 1.x. The only thing I changed was the URL in the config file, config.production.json. The URL was pointing to localhost, and I changed it to use my domain. I deleted the application, and re-created it. Now the start and stop commands work.

(02 Sep, 19:40) jramnani jramnani's gravatar image

I take that back. I did change more than the config file (probably). I was playing around with the Ghost CLI and ran ghost config and ghost setup to see what they did. I don't know if either of those commands changed anything other than the config file.

(02 Sep, 19:42) jramnani jramnani's gravatar image
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×27

question asked: 17 Aug, 03:54

question was seen: 334 times

last updated: 02 Sep, 19:42

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2017 PARAGON INTERNET GROUP LIMITED