WebFaction
Community site: login faq

It is said that one can only send 500 E-Mails per day on webfaction. Let's say I use sendinblue.com and use it's SMTP-server and login in an django-app hosted on webfaction. This app also contains the email-adresses. Can I send more than 500 mails that way per day? I ask because I when I do it that way the E-Mails still contain "Message-Id: 20170827xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx@webxxx.webfaction.com" in the E-Mail header. Thanks for replies.

asked 27 Aug, 18:29

robbyzob's gravatar image

robbyzob
accept rate: 100%

The limit is 500 per account, so using your website hosted on the same account will not give you an extra 500 emails to send.

If you would like to increase the sending limit per day, please feel free to open a support ticket, and once we verify few prerequisites with you, we can increase the limit.

permanent link

answered 28 Aug, 05:29

ahmadz's gravatar image

ahmadz ♦♦
accept rate: 100%

So using an external SMTP like sendinblue.com or mailchimp.com doesn't solve this problem itself if I want to send the mails from within the django-app?

(28 Aug, 10:58) robbyzob robbyzob's gravatar image

You are not limited by our 500 message limit when using an external mail service. You are subject to their limits only.

(28 Aug, 12:41) bmeyer71 ♦♦ bmeyer71's gravatar image

now I am confused... :D. Just to clarify: my main-app (django) and the database with the email-addresses is on webfaction and the SMTP is external with sendinblue.com or mailchimp.com.

(28 Aug, 12:49) robbyzob robbyzob's gravatar image

if you are using an external SMTP server, then our mail limit does not apply. Feel free to open a support ticket if you would like us to also take a look at your settings.

(28 Aug, 13:01) bmeyer71 ♦♦ bmeyer71's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×888
×254

question asked: 27 Aug, 18:29

question was seen: 1,385 times

last updated: 28 Aug, 13:01

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM