WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, is anyone experiencing trouble with accessing online emails? The page is not letting our users login and it is impacting our business CRITICALLY. So far webfaction support have tried a couple of things and ended up directing us to the status blog which is not good enough! Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks, Anna

asked 04 Sep, 09:55

AnnaFuel's gravatar image

AnnaFuel
accept rate: 0%

Hello Anna,

There's no general problem that would prevent our customers from accessing the Webmail interface via https://webmail.webfaction.com at this time. We've just replied to the support ticket that you opened about this issue earlier. Please take a look at our answer in the support ticketing system and get back to us there in case you are still seeing any issues. Thank you.

permanent link

answered 04 Sep, 10:41

peterd's gravatar image

peterd ♦♦
accept rate: 33%

We have also replied to your answer. We can now access the website after you have removed the ban on our IP address.

However we still receive an error message when sending or replying to emails so our business is still suffering greatly.

permanent link

answered 04 Sep, 10:51

AnnaFuel's gravatar image

AnnaFuel

I believe the issue has been resolved now (as per our communication in the support ticketing system). If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to the support ticket. Thanks.

permanent link

answered 04 Sep, 13:55

peterd's gravatar image

peterd ♦♦
accept rate: 33%

The OP didn't state exactly what the program was , but on the face of it, I'm experiencing the same problem. But with a twist.

The mail account in question is for my god-child who lives in Belgium (I mention this because the problem might be location specific) who can't access her webmail.webfaction.com account anymore since the last few days (she a bit unclear about when it started. Before that, everything worked fine. I - on the other hand - am currently located in Greece and can access her account fine. We both use the same OS (macOS 10.12.6) and the same browser (Safari). She has also tried different browsers but with the same effect. Safari responds saying that the server which hosts this page does not react. Again, it works fine from my location.

I have setup the standard Mail.app program to fetch her mail and that works fine to for her. But she prefers the web interface with RoundCube. Any hints where I might begin to search? I can access her system over Screen Sharing.

Thanks a lot.

permanent link

answered 19 Sep, 13:48

oriste's gravatar image

oriste

@oriste Her IP address is probably banned on the webmail server. Please open a support ticket to let us know her IP, so that we can confirm and remove the ban if necessary.

(19 Sep, 22:20) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×9
×3

question asked: 04 Sep, 09:55

question was seen: 993 times

last updated: 19 Sep, 22:20

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM