WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I am doing this tutorial https://docs.webfaction.com/software/django/getting-started.html#create-a-website-with-django-and-static-media-applications but I have a probleme with the line :

python2.7 manage.py collectstatic

I have:

File "manage.py" , line 17, in <module> "Couldn't import Django. Are you sure it's installed and " ImportError: Couldn't import Django. Are you sure it's installed and available on your PYTHONPATH environment variable? Did you forget to activate a virtal environment?

I have the same problem with the line python2.7 manage.py and with python2.7 and after import django. I tried the line: export PYHONPATH=/home/<username>/webapps/<django_app>/lib/python2.7/ (of course with good <username> and <django_app>) and I wrote it on file /home/<username>/.bashrc and it doesn't work !

Can you help me please ?

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm french

asked 08 Sep, 10:35

romain31's gravatar image

romain31
accept rate: 0%

I just tested your account and no problems importing Django and invoking your manage.py script.

If you're still having trouble, please open a support ticket and we'll be happy to have a closer look.

permanent link

answered 08 Sep, 19:54

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.8k21333
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×888
×27
×15

question asked: 08 Sep, 10:35

question was seen: 86 times

last updated: 08 Sep, 19:54

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM