WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have been using fetchmail to fetch my mail from a mailbox on mail.webfaction.com

Three days ago I stopped receiving mail in the mail reader that fetchmail is supposed to be fetching for. (mutt)

I know I am receiving mail in that mailbox - I can see it from the webmail interface - but it is not being fetched by fetchmail. I have been using the same .fetchmailrc file for about five years and never had any trouble. Have any settings changed that I need to change in .fetchmailrc?

Thanks.

asked 01 Oct, 00:33

tashtego's gravatar image

tashtego
accept rate: 0%

edited 01 Oct, 00:34

We don't provide fetchmail as a binary, I looked at your account and noticed it was built from source. I was able to execute the binary, and upon execution it mentioned it was 'awakening' and upon logging out of SSH it terminated itself with a similar message. I also noticed some other custom .bash_profile scripts upon execution. We didn't change anything as far as I am aware which would impact this. I suggest verifying you can authenticate with the same username as the application via webmail, if this functions you can submit a support ticket specifying which mailbox you are using to connect and a way to trigger the app connecting in real time and we can provide you the logs which indicate the failure.

permanent link

answered 01 Oct, 22:34

johns's gravatar image

johns ♦♦
5.0k29
accept rate: 22%

edited 01 Oct, 22:35

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×69
×2
×1

question asked: 01 Oct, 00:33

question was seen: 226 times

last updated: 01 Oct, 22:35

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM