WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm deploying a Rails app with Capistrano. The deploy begins well but fails when it hits the following:

00:06 deploy:assets:precompile 01 ~/.rvm/bin/rvm default do rake assets:precompile 01 Required ruby-2.4.1 is not installed. 01 To install do: 'rvm install "ruby-2.4.1"' 01 rake aborted! 01 LoadError: cannot load such file -- bundler/setup

I installed rvm on the server, but cannot install ruby as follows:

$ rvm install ruby-2.4.1 Searching for binary rubies, this might take some time. Found remote file https://rvm_io.global.ssl.fastly.net/binaries/centos/7/x86_64/ruby-2.4.1.tar.bz2 Checking requirements for centos. Installing requirements for centos. Installing required packages: libyaml-devel..eltea password required for 'yum install -y libyaml-devel': . Error running 'requirements_centos_libs_install libyaml-devel', please read /home/eltea/.rvm/log/1516764890_ruby-2.4.1/package_install_libyaml-devel.log Requirements installation failed with status: 1.

The log file confirms that the issue is that libyaml-devel install requires root.

How can I deploy the app? Ruby 2.4.1 is available, but only as when typed as ruby2.4 - it's not the default. Is it possible to import ruby 2.4.1 from the system into my rvm?

If not, is it possible to deploy the app while "stripping" the rvm component of it?

asked 24 Jan, 03:42

El Tea
accept rate: 100%

edited 24 Jan, 03:42

I've installed libyaml-devel to the server and rvm and it seems to be working on a test account:

$ which ruby
~/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.4.1/bin/ruby
$ ruby -v
ruby 2.4.1p111 (2017-03-22 revision 58053) [x86_64-linux]

Can you give it another run from your account?

permanent link

answered 24 Jan, 14:11

iliasr ♦♦
1.9k14
accept rate: 36%

Fantastic, thank you. For other people who find this question - was this fix specific to my particular server (ie: webxxx) or would this work for all users now?

(24 Jan, 14:20) El Tea

The libyaml-devel wasn't installed in any of our servers.

We've installed it now everywhere, after you've confirm that it works.

(24 Jan, 14:23) iliasr ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×107
×80
×20
×9

question asked: 24 Jan, 03:42

question was seen: 295 times

last updated: 24 Jan, 14:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM