WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

We want to migrate to G Suite and "import" or old emails. Google has an internal migration tool, but the tool asks for a "role account" (login and password), in order to test the connectivity so it can perform the importation.

Is there such a thing on webfaction? If not, how can I migrate my emails in the webfaction servers to Google? Preferable without paying...

Thanks

asked 05 Feb, 22:57

rafaelmfp
accept rate: 0%

Follow the 'import IMAP' portion of their docs. The username/password will be the same as your mailbox user/password for each mailbox. there is no bulk export. For e-mail providers which can import MailDir format we can provide the raw data files.

permanent link

answered 06 Feb, 02:42

johns ♦♦
5.1k211
accept rate: 22%

Hey @johns, thanks for the reply I was following exact that...but you can see on the link you provided, the steps required to set up the migration service and one of them (item 4c), is exactly that a "role account" with an email and a password. I'm gonna try my mailbox (not email) user/password although not being an email, Im not sure how google will be able to test the connectivity.

(06 Feb, 13:07) rafaelmfp

Hey @johns, can you help please?

I've followed what you suggested, tried to add my user(email) and password, but didn't work. It would be like I'm trying to access exactly the email I'm migrating. Anyway, take a look at my comment.

I would upload an image if I could, but basically needs this "role account", did you read your own link? It says that :/

(06 Feb, 19:51) rafaelmfp
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×257

question asked: 05 Feb, 22:57

question was seen: 1,524 times

last updated: 06 Feb, 19:55

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM