WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I installed a cron job running a php script on my server last week. I edited the crontab, placed the job there and after exiting my editor a messaged popped-up saying "crontab: installing new crontab". I waited for the changes my php script should have done to my database buy unfortunately it didn't even change a thing. I also checked for the status of crond service and it says it's already running. My cron job looks like this: * 8,20 * * * /usr/local/bin/php71 my/php/script an_argument. Can someone tell me where did go wrong with my cron?

asked 22 Mar, 06:29

atomlab
accept rate: 0%

You should try to redirect any output to a file. If there's an error running it should show up there.

Something like the following should do:

* 8,20 * * * /usr/local/bin/php71 my/php/script an_argument >> $HOME/logs/user/cron.log 2>&1

If you need further assistance on this, you should better open a support ticket for us to troubleshoot the actual script.

permanent link

answered 22 Mar, 08:23

iliasr ♦♦
2.0k14
accept rate: 36%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×81
×50
×17
×2

question asked: 22 Mar, 06:29

question was seen: 310 times

last updated: 22 Mar, 08:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM