WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm running some forum software as a Static/CGI/PHP-7.2 app on my server that uses the cURL extension and it keeps giving me warnings that it recommends cURL version of at least 7.36 - it works fine but the warning is rather annoying. I see my server is running version 7.29.

I downloaded cURL 7.58 to my src directory as described here: https://community.webfaction.com/questions/7959/how-did-i-install-my-own-phpcurlopenssl-for-use-with-the-shared-web-server

But I'm a bit unclear on exactly what I need to do to get PHP to use that new version. I'm on web513.

Any suggestions?

asked 05 Jun, 18:59

Will
accept rate: 0%

What forum are you using ? I'm surprised that it requires a cURL version newer than the version that comes with PHP 7.2.

(06 Jun, 05:30) anjanesh

Invision Power Board (4.3) - like I said, it works totally fine, but it continually warns me in the admin area that using cURL < 7.36 is 'less efficient and less reliable for making connections'.

(06 Jun, 15:10) Will

PHP would need to be built to use the new cURL. In the steps you referenced above, the command to build the custom PHP installation includes "--with-curl=$HOME" to configure it to use the new cURL installed in the previous step.

permanent link

answered 05 Jun, 19:59

maryh ♦♦
1.3k7
accept rate: 35%

The problem is that the system PHP interpreter doesn't know about the libraries you've installed.

The solution is to set the PHP interpreter's LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to point to your library location. There is no need to rebuild PHP.

Complete instructions are available here: How do I set environment variables for PHP?

permanent link

answered 15 Jun, 17:24

seanf
12.2k31736
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×15
×6

question asked: 05 Jun, 18:59

question was seen: 2,774 times

last updated: 15 Jun, 17:24

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM