WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm going through this tutorial on React. create-react-app my-app has taken a few minutes and created 3330 directories in my-app which is about 200MB !

So inorder to get this working on my Webfaction server, I need to upoload this entire directory my-app to webapps/my-app folder ?

asked 14 Jun, 11:25

anjanesh
accept rate: 20%

edited 14 Jun, 12:26

React.js is a front-end JavaScript library, meaning it belongs in the front-end code at runtime. It is also a development environment which can be executed. The development server can be deployed, but it does not have to be. It really depends on what the final vision of the project you want to deploy is, if the react code itself will be dynamic, and where the react project will poll its data from.

The simplest/fastest way to deploy is to upload everything built in the 'public' directory to a 'static only' type app.

If you wanted to have react development server deployed you would run the same npm commands to install it into your home directory.

permanent link

answered 14 Jun, 21:40

johns ♦♦
5.3k212
accept rate: 23%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×1

question asked: 14 Jun, 11:25

question was seen: 342 times

last updated: 14 Jun, 21:40

Related questions

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM