WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Is there a way to subscribe to get email updates from webfaction status blog but only from those notices regarding servers related to my account?

Currently, there's the status blog and the twitter account wfstatus where updates are published. However, I can't find a way to filter out the notices to be alerted only from those related to the servers under my account.

Expecting users to constantly check the status blog is unreliable because it may not coincide when a problem arises. Moreover, it forces us to have to check the sometimes long list of server numbers searching for our own. This is not desirable.

If there's no solution for this yet, I would suggest to the webfaction team to include a setting in the control panel like "alert me by email when there are server status updates related to servers under my account".

I know from experience that when there's a scheduled maintenance, typically I would receive an email from webfaction with the details, but for unexpected troubles (ddos attack, intermitent issues, etc) I don't receive any alert, and of course it is important for me to be proactively aware of those issues so I can inform my customers about it too.

Thank you!

asked 24 Oct, 19:53

teks
accept rate: 0%

I'm sorry but there is currently no way to get automatic updates from the status blog for unexpected issues.

It's in our plans to move to a newer, more modern and feature rich status reporting system in the future, using GoDaddy's infrastructure and monitoring, but we do not have an ETA yet.

permanent link

answered 25 Oct, 11:24

iliasr ♦♦
2.0k14
accept rate: 36%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×11
×4
×1

question asked: 24 Oct, 19:53

question was seen: 84 times

last updated: 25 Oct, 11:24

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM