WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi. I am trying to install gnuplot. Stderr from './configure --prefix=$HOME/usr' is:

configure: WARNING: Package requirements (libcerf) were not met:

No package 'libcerf' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBCERF_CFLAGS and LIBCERF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

configure: WARNING: Could not find support for lua using pkg-config. configure: WARNING: wxWidgets can't be found. You can try --with-wx=DIR to give the right path to wx-config. The wxWidgets terminal will not be compiled. configure: WARNING: Package requirements (cairo >= 0.9.0 pango >= 1.22 pangocairo >= 1.10) were not met:

No package 'pango' found No package 'pangocairo' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CAIROPANGO_CFLAGS and CAIROPANGO_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

configure: WARNING: The wxWidgets terminal will not be compiled. configure: WARNING: Package requirements ( cairo >= 1.2 cairo-pdf >= 1.2 pango >= 1.22 pangocairo >= 1.10 glib-2.0 >= 2.28) were not met:

No package 'pango' found No package 'pangocairo' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CAIROPDF_CFLAGS and CAIROPDF_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

configure: WARNING: The cairo terminals will not be compiled. configure: WARNING: Package requirements (Qt5Core Qt5Gui Qt5Network Qt5Svg Qt5PrintSupport) were not met:

No package 'Qt5Core' found No package 'Qt5Gui' found No package 'Qt5Network' found No package 'Qt5Svg' found No package 'Qt5PrintSupport' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables QT_CFLAGS and QT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

configure: WARNING: The Qt terminal will use Qt4.

Stderr from 'make' is empty, and stderr from 'make install' is:

/usr/bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/usr/share/texlive/texmf-local///tex’: Permission denied make[3]: [install-texDATA] Error 1 make[2]: [install-am] Error 2 make[1]: [install-recursive] Error 1 make: [install-recursive] Error 1

Just to see what would happen, I've installed libcerf (the first thing mentioned in the stderr from 'configure'), apparently successfully, but it has not made any difference.

Would you be able to help, or is this kind of thing simply too difficult for an average user (such as me) to undertake? (By the way, my other web hosting provider has gnuplot pre-installed ... heh!) Thanks.

asked 28 Oct, 17:50

atherton
accept rate: 0%

Try the steps outlined in our docs to see if setting the paths will allow the build to function.

permanent link

answered 28 Oct, 21:41

johns ♦♦
5.3k212
accept rate: 23%

Thank you. It's slightly amazing how many things I had to install

cairo, fontconfig, freetype, gperf, libcerf, pango, pixman

Anyway, gnuplot has now plotted an (almost) identical .png file to what it plots on my other host.

(01 Nov, 18:32) atherton
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×101
×2

question asked: 28 Oct, 17:50

question was seen: 80 times

last updated: 01 Nov, 18:32

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM