WebFaction
Community site: login faq

We need to have all email that is sent to one email to have copy also be sent to another email.

i am not sure if Forward Email is the same as SEND a COPY. ie email sent to sales@me.io should also send a COPY to office@me.io

from the Docs: Automatically Forwarding Email Any email address set up in the WebFaction control panel can be configured to automatically forward email to another email address (or several email addresses).

what does FORWARD mean?

asked 15 Nov, 00:50

baba
accept rate: 0%

Automatic forwarding is what you want, as it sends a copy to the addresses you specify.

(15 Nov, 01:13) NickR ♦♦

thanks Nick. the term "forwarding "confuses me. When i have my postal mail forwarded from my old address to my new address, the old address receives noting. All mail is i re-routed to my new address. i guess i am old school. I think saying "Forward a Copy" is more correct. ;-)

(15 Nov, 01:21) baba

I hear what you mean, it can be inconvenient sometimes to adopt new or broader definitions for terms :)

But technically, it can behave the way you describe. For example, suppose you have an email address with no attached mailbox and forwarding setup to another address. The message sent will not be deposited in at the first address since there is no mailbox, but gets sent onto the other address. But if your original recipient does have a mailbox, then not only will the sent message be deposited there, a copy will be sent also to any forwarded addresses.

So really it's much more flexible than physical addresses, which is a good thing. I hope this helps.

(15 Nov, 01:29) NickR ♦♦

Nick very helpful! And it helped clear up my brain... no small task. :)

BONUS: i learned that one can do this: "you can have an email address with no attached mailbox and forwarding setup to another address. The message sent will not be deposited in at the first address since there is no mailbox, but gets sent onto the other address"

(15 Nov, 06:20) baba

You're most welcome, glad I could help :)

(15 Nov, 06:27) NickR ♦♦
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×8

question asked: 15 Nov, 00:50

question was seen: 58 times

last updated: 15 Nov, 06:27

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM