WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm a bit rusty on Windows, but I just went to setup a client with a new Webfaction email address (I've done this many times \ and set up heaps of webfaction hosted email accounts before) when I add the new mail account, the add account wizard has changed. It seems to have been simplified in the current version of Outlook and I no longer have an option to put in a mailbox name so I can authenticate properly. Does anyone know if there's a workaround? If I try to go back into that account settings there's simply not an option to put in username (mailbox name) anywhere.

The field where you assign an email address for the client at the start of the process if you put in the mailbox name there it won't validate and go forward to the next steps either.

In the mean time I have successfully set the client up with Mail but client would prefer Outlook if possible.

asked 21 Nov, 04:11

funnelbc
accept rate: 0%

edited 21 Nov, 04:24

Indeed, Microsoft made some changes to the interface in Outlook and it actually became a bit of a challenge to set up an email account when the username is different from the actual email address that you have. The workaround for this is to set up the email account through the "Mail" section in your Windows Control Panel (see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/edit-an-outlook-profile-e93ea161-f742-4119-bfa1-9dca4c3e48fa).

permanent link

answered 21 Nov, 08:04

peterd ♦♦
accept rate: 50%

Just following this up to say thanks Peter - yep that works. I did have to also add in an exception to Windows Firewall to get outbound mail working (emails would just sit in outbox) but otherwise that fixed it up great.

permanent link

answered 6 hours ago

funnelbc
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×6

question asked: 21 Nov, 04:11

question was seen: 51 times

last updated: 6 hours ago

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM