WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to install a newer version of cmake on a new server, following the instructions at trying-to-install-arangodb-either-via-rpm-or-from-source, and I'm getting errors any time I try to run the configure step in any of the installers complaining that /tmp/ is full.

This is the specific error message from cmake:

Cannot create temporary file in /tmp/: No space left on device.

My disk space usage in the dashboard appears to only be half full, and I've successfully installed all of this on another account a year ago. Any tips I can use to get past this roadblock?

Thanks, Scott

asked 23 Nov, 15:33

smacd
accept rate: 0%

Your own disk usage is fine, it's the system /tmp drive (which you share with other users) that is the problem.

If it hasn't been resolved yet, then contact WebFaction's support team via the ticket system to let them know which server you're on, and they can sort it out from there.

Also, you can probably work around it yourself by setting your TMPDIR environment variable to point to a local directory, eg:

mkdir ~/tmp
export TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp

Once that's done, your build should use your own local tmp directory instead of the system directory.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 23 Nov, 20:41

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 36%

Thanks @seanf. GMP unfortunately seems to ignore TMPDIR during configuration, however everything seems to be working fine now. I'll create a ticket if I encounter this issue with any of the other dependancies.

(23 Nov, 20:54) smacd
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×102
×15
×1

question asked: 23 Nov, 15:33

question was seen: 88 times

last updated: 23 Nov, 20:54

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM