WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, by following the documentation instructions, I'm receiving and sending webfaction email using gmail web interface. Although for the receiving part, instead of periodically checking with POP3 I just set a forwarding to the gmail address using the option in the webfaction control panel (shouldn't this be the recommended way of doing things as the email reaches faster and it's more efficient?).

Anyway, all is good except that email that I sent from the gmail web interface using webfaction SMTP servers doesn't get recorded in the sent mail of the webfaction mailbox, it stays only in the sent mail folder of the Gmail servers.

Because the mail being sent is using the webfaction SMTP server, I was expecting the sent mail to be recorded in the webfaction mailbox. Is there a way to have the mail sent this way be recorded in the sent folder of the webfaction mailbox?

Thank you.

asked 29 Nov, 17:53

teks
accept rate: 0%

No,

SMTP sends. IMAP mailboxes are for storage. Unless your e-mail client is using IMAP as well it won't have a way to record since it is the e-mail client which makes those writes.

permanent link

answered 29 Nov, 22:22

johns ♦♦
5.3k212
accept rate: 23%

edited 29 Nov, 22:23

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×259
×41
×38
×19

question asked: 29 Nov, 17:53

question was seen: 42 times

last updated: 29 Nov, 22:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM