WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi

It's DNS Flag Day on the 1st February. My domains that use Webfaction name servers (and Webfaction.com itself) are reporting minor errors so should carry on working. Just wondered if there were plans to resolve the issues and, assuming there is, on what sort of timescale as these may become a bigger problem in the future?

https://dnsflagday.net

Many thanks

asked 30 Jan, 15:34

kieren
accept rate: 0%

We are using PowerDNS 4.0, which is what is officially provided by our operating system's repositories.

According to the ISC page, it is compatible in practice, except in some rare edge cases, so there shouldn't be an issue:

On the authoritative side, PowerDNS 4.1 is fully compliant; 4.0 has some corner cases that ednscomp notices but that are not a problem in practice – disabling caching removes those edge cases.

That said, we have an internal ticket open where we are looking into those edge cases too.

permanent link

answered 30 Jan, 16:33

iliasr ♦♦
2.1k14
accept rate: 35%

Hi Ilias

Thanks very much for the reply. Yep, my look over this suggested it should all be fine too, thanks for confirmation. Would be good to add full support in the future but I can understand you sticking with what's supplied for Centos 7 for now.

Thanks again

Kieren

(30 Jan, 16:48) kieren

WebFaction is now fully compliant.

(06 Feb, 14:17) timg ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×104
×6

question asked: 30 Jan, 15:34

question was seen: 303 times

last updated: 06 Feb, 14:17

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM