WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

Did you read this comment on the kjodle forum ?

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Precisions would be necessary, before we are all engaged everywhere ...

Hey folks,

I worked at WF for 4 years (https://community.webfaction.com/users/10/klynton) and managed the sysadmin team for a while.

Just wanted to say something is coming :)

asked 13 Mar, 07:48

jpdupont
accept rate: 0%

all ears ...

(13 Mar, 20:39) baba

permanent link

answered 13 Mar, 22:06

parawing742
accept rate: 12%

permanent link

answered 13 Mar, 22:14

klynton
1.6k1210
accept rate: 41%

OP should accept this answer :)

(13 Mar, 22:28) seanf

Whatever OpalStack is, I hope you understand Webfaction's shortcomings from our POV. Webfaction's no 1 problem was how opaque everything was. I can't recall a single person working there, despite being a customer since 2011. Typically there was no information about what was going on or a release window for new features (in hindsight I'm surprised we even got Let's Encrypt seeing how the feature was implemented during the acquisition). Even for a dev centric hosting company you need some regular information to let you know the business is alive and well.

I don't think you should stress launch for business but the truth is most of us are actively looking for hosting right now. Keeping us updated in whatever you do would be nice, if not for converting us now than at least for the long run.

(14 Mar, 01:08) Amixxx

Hey Amixxx,

WebFaction wasn't just opaque from the outside. We'll be more transparent.

It's not really a stress launch, things will be done when they're done (which is also why we're not giving out specifics yet). The best way to stay updated is either Twitter or the waitlist.

(14 Mar, 21:30) klynton

I understand your situation, klynton. My suggestion don't really apply to your current situation because I understand that the communication needs differ from a yet launched startup and an established company. Just maybe something that might be relevant to keep in mind post launch.

(14 Mar, 22:16) Amixxx

Promising indeed.

For those who are migrating off WebFaction/GoDaddy now or procrastinating migrating, here's a roundup of all the many WebFaction support forum items about the buyout as well as some advice about choosing another ISP: https://community.webfaction.com/questions/22274/daddy-issues-how-to-leave-webfaction

permanent link

answered 14 Aug, 06:03

cpirazzi
accept rate: 5%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×1

question asked: 13 Mar, 07:48

question was seen: 1,820 times

last updated: 14 Aug, 06:03

Related questions

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM