WebFaction
Community site: login faq

2018/09/26 - WebFaction joins forces with GoDaddy email sent promising "ever-bolder products" (meaning: forced downgrade/migration to GoDaddy) and "We’ll be sure to keep you up to date with the process." (they haven't).

2018/12/11 - WebFaction "accidentally" posts GoDaddy migration screen and then quickly removes it and refuses to comment beyond "Our management is in the process of creating a blog post detailing future plans, alongside a series of FAQ’s, which will be shared in the new year.-iliasr" (we're four months into the new year and no FAQ's have been shared).

2019/01/07 - WebFaction: Moving forwards with GoDaddy email sent providing zero information about how upcoming changes affect existing customers. The email ends with a promise to answer questions about the migration yet all sales/support inquiries refuse to comment.

2019/01/15 - WebFaction writes a blog post about SSO that hints toward the upcoming migration, yet sales/support are banned from talking about it to the affected customers.

2019/02/02 - aaront falsely announces that the blog post detailing changes will be coming in the first quarter (before April):

GoDaddy management is in the process of creating a blog post detailing their future plans about WebFaction, with a series of FAQ’s, which will be shared in the first quarter of this year.

2019/03/12 - Migration to GoDaddy's inferior platform is officially confirmed by email and includes the statement that "you won't lose any of your current features or services" which is almost immediately confirmed to be a lie.

2019/03/13 - liasr confirms that customers who need to migrate early will not be eligible for refunds of their unused balance even if it was paid before the shutdown was announced.

[J]ust that we have announced an upcoming migration does not give the customer an exceptional right of termination yet.

2019/04/01 < You are here. Six months later and still no useful information.

asked 01 Apr, 15:28

parawing742
accept rate: 12%

edited 05 Apr, 01:37

You forgot this email that apparently was sent out sometime last year. Personally I never got it.

https://pastebin.com/pGzfeMh2

2019/03/13 - liasr confirms that customers who need to migrate early will not be eligible for refunds of their unused balance even if it was paid before the shutdown was announced.

To be fair, that's not what he said. He said that, since the migration plans are not yet final, no refunds can be made at this time. That is, once the plans are final and fully announced, refunds should be possible.

(09 Apr, 14:52) Donatzsky

I came back to check if WebFaction was still a thing, and unfortunately, they are. What is even more unfortunate is the fact that I had the same level of information by the time I closed my account (months ago) that you guys have now.

Really appreciate the timeline parawing, I feel like not every single person knows how long this joke is going for. Super entertaining and infuriating.

Off-topic: I had to try to sign in into my community Q&A account for at least 5 times before successfully being redirected to the homepage.

permanent link

answered 04 Apr, 23:14

leodrummond
accept rate: 0%

My own websites are off WebFaction now, but I still have client accounts that don't want to pay for me to migrate them until they have more information. Apparently, it's takes GoDaddy months to write a simple blog post. I suppose if WebFaction waits long enough, they won't have to worry about migrating any customers?

(05 Apr, 01:35) parawing742

Fascinating timeline!!!

For those who are migrating off WebFaction/GoDaddy now or procrastinating migrating, here's a roundup of all the many WebFaction support forum items about the buyout as well as some advice about choosing another ISP: https://community.webfaction.com/questions/22274/daddy-issues-how-to-leave-webfaction

permanent link

answered 14 Aug, 06:01

cpirazzi
accept rate: 5%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×44
×23
×2
×2
×1

question asked: 01 Apr, 15:28

question was seen: 1,608 times

last updated: 14 Aug, 06:01

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM