WebFaction
Community site: login faq

This morning I discovered that all of my email accounts were offline on Mac Mail, entering the passwords when prompted did not work, and I kept getting popups about entering the password for smtp.webfaction, which also did not work. I then tried to login to the WebFaction Control Panel, which again said the password was incorrect. I believe the password was correct, because I was able to login to submit a support ticket, and I tried to submit one several times but the connection times out and they do not go through. I sent something through the "Other" category on "Contact Us", but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I cannot change the account password in the Control Panel using "Forgotten password" because it wants to send the reset email to the email account I currently do not have access to due to the password issues. I was also unable to change the password for the mailbox using "Change email password" because it said "This mailbox has been disabled or does not exist." It should be enabled and exist.

Any idea what the issue here could be? I've had no problems until today. Would love to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: Support answered me, but said they are unable to help because the Gmail account I am using to contact them is not authorized for the WebFaction account and that they sent an email to the account owner (me), to authorize it. Which is impossible for me, as I said, because I cannot access those very emails. I'm really at a loss.

asked 15 Aug, 14:25

harmonia
accept rate: 0%

edited 15 Aug, 14:46

From what you are describing it seems that your account was closed due to non payment.

As per the terms of service you should keep your contact details up to date and to include at least one email address which is not hosted by WebFaction. A warning is also visible in the dashboard if you use a WebFaction hosted email as an emergency contact. Both are in place to avoid such issues.

permanent link

answered 15 Aug, 15:01

iliasr ♦♦
2.1k14
accept rate: 35%

Yup, that was it. A former office manager of mine set up the account, so the contacts were added incorrectly, which was the root of that problem. Account was reenabled and payment is easy to get sorted out now that I can log in. Thanks!

(15 Aug, 15:10) harmonia
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×45
×42
×40
×24

question asked: 15 Aug, 14:25

question was seen: 2,394 times

last updated: 15 Aug, 15:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM