WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have set up a new domain through Bluehost that I pointed to my webfaction account for the website, but we're using Office 365 for email. I didn't create any MX records related to webfaction and according to our settings the redirect to Microsoft is correct, yet MSFT support says our mail is being guided through mx7.webfaction.com, mx8.webfaction.com, and mx9.webfaction.com, even though nothing like that shows up in our cpanel. I see nothing in my webfaction dashboard that suggests we're using mail for our domain. Thoughts on how to resolve?

asked 19 Jan, 17:41

jampacked
accept rate: 0%

It looks like you've pointed your domain's NS records to us, as our nameservers will auto-generate the 3 MX records for any domain using them, unless you override them with your own.

You do not mention the domain in question, so we can't double check, but I can't think of something else, with the information we are given.

If that's the case you need to either add the DNS records microsoft requires on our panel, or switch back to your domain's previous nameservers and only point your domain's A and AAAA record's to our web servers.

permanent link

answered 20 Jan, 06:42

iliasr ♦♦
2.2k14
accept rate: 34%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×70
×15
×2

question asked: 19 Jan, 17:41

question was seen: 597 times

last updated: 20 Jan, 06:42

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM