WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I just received an email that my account was closed due to incompatible apps that couldn't be migrated over to tsoHost.

By the emails I received regarding incompatibility I assumed compatible sites will be migrated, and incompatible won't, I don't know if I misunderstood or if it wasn't clear, but I didn't expect to loose all my websites!!

Is is possible to get access to my account for a few hours just so I can pull down DB backups?

Please!!

asked 11 Dec '20, 09:42

Wrks
accept rate: 0%

edited 11 Dec '20, 10:03

The data is still there. If you haven't already, please submit your request in the form of a ticket.

https://help.webfaction.com/

permanent link

answered 11 Dec '20, 10:27

NickR ♦♦
accept rate: 20%

edited 11 Dec '20, 10:28

I'm in exactly the same boat and have been waiting over 2 hours for my support ticket to be looked at so far.

I had one app that wasn't even active that couldn't be migrated, and that's all that was mentioned in the emails. I didn't care if this app got deleted so I just ignored it and now all my sites are down.

They say if you submit a support ticket they 'may' be able re-instate your account for 10 days.

I really don't think it was made clear this was going to happen. Now i've got angry clients, I don't know what i'm going to do if I can't get my account back at least temporarily.

If anyone with the ability to do anything about this see's this, please get back to me!

permanent link

answered 11 Dec '20, 10:32

anchor
accept rate: 0%

There have been several requests for re-enabling closed accounts, so we will be doing this on a first-come first-served basis as soon as we can.

If you've raised a ticket then we will process it as soon as it reaches to top of our ticket list.

(11 Dec '20, 10:38) iliasr ♦♦

Thank you for the reply. Are you able to give me any sort of time estimate? I could really do with communicating something to my clients about this.

I just checked my ticket again and it had been closed despite it not being resolved yet. I've reopened it.

(11 Dec '20, 10:41) anchor

You can't log in to your portal, but if you do direct to https://help.webfaction.com/ you should be able to log in and submit a ticket.

My ticket just became closed again though without a reply, so I re-opened it.

(11 Dec '20, 10:55) anchor

We're closing duplicates and I just answered one of them, enabling your account.

(11 Dec '20, 10:57) NickR ♦♦

Yes sorry Nick, seen your email. Thank you so much for your help, what a relief to have them back - i'll get everything sorted now so it doesn't happen again.

Wrks, I got my account back for 10 days - so i'm sure they'll have you back up and running soon so you can sort out migration.

(11 Dec '20, 11:00) anchor

No worries, happy to help in turbulent times!

(11 Dec '20, 11:05) NickR ♦♦

Very glad to hear this, thanks! Waiting for mine.

(11 Dec '20, 11:54) Wrks
showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×22
×10

question asked: 11 Dec '20, 09:42

question was seen: 631 times

last updated: 11 Dec '20, 11:54

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM