WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi all,

I just installed couchdb 1.2

and I get a crash report on running couchdb

here is the error

thanks for any help

Apache CouchDB 1.2.0ad9b7ab1-git (LogLevel=info) is starting.

=CRASH REPORT==== 21-Feb-2011::09:12:37 === crasher: initial call: couch_drv:init/1 pid: <0.79.0> registered_name: [] exception exit: "libicuuc.so.42: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" in function gen_server:init_it/6 ancestors: [couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.31.0>] messages: [] links: [<0.78.0>] dictionary: [] trap_exit: false status: running heap_size: 610 stack_size: 24 reductions: 127 neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 21-Feb-2011::09:12:37 === Supervisor: {local,couch_primary_services} Context: start_error Reason: "libicuuc.so.42: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" Offender: [{pid,undefined}, {name,collation_driver}, {mfa,{couch_drv,start_link,[]}}, {restart_type,permanent}, {shutdown,infinity}, {child_type,supervisor}]

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 21-Feb-2011::09:12:37 === Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup} Context: start_error Reason: shutdown Offender: [{pid,undefined}, {name,couch_primary_services}, {mfa,{couch_primary_sup,start_link,[]}}, {restart_type,permanent}, {shutdown,infinity}, {child_type,supervisor}]

=CRASH REPORT==== 21-Feb-2011::09:12:37 === crasher: initial call: application_master:init/4 pid: <0.30.0> registered_name: [] exception exit: {bad_return, {{couch_app,start, [normal, ["/home/bluntworks/etc/couchdb/default.ini", "/home/bluntworks/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}, {'EXIT', {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}}, [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1}, {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}} in function application_master:init/4 ancestors: [<0.29.0>] messages: [{'EXIT',<0.31.0>,normal}] links: [<0.29.0>,<0.6.0>] dictionary: [] trap_exit: true status: running heap_size: 610 stack_size: 24 reductions: 133 neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 21-Feb-2011::09:12:37 === application: couch exited: {bad_return,{{couch_app,start, [normal, ["/home/bluntworks/etc/couchdb/default.ini", "/home/bluntworks/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}, {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}}, [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1}, {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}} type: temporary

asked 21 Feb '11, 09:19

Dave Ryan
accept rate: 0%

libicuuc.so.42: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That line indicates a missing ICU dependency. Did you skip some dependencies while building CouchDB?

(21 Feb '11, 09:27) David L ♦♦

Hi David L,

Not that I know of I followed Dave Stevens instructions

http://davestevens.us/articles/setting-up-node-js-and-couchdb-on-webfaction

and also the instructions here

http://forum.webfaction.com/viewtopic.php?id=2355

the only difference in what I installed was a later version of couchdb and there was an extra step of running the bootstrap file in couchdb install directory which generates the ./configure file

as far as i know I did not get any errors on any of the makes though I could be wrong there as there is a lot of text output during the various install procedures.

Do you know is there a way of resolving fixing dependency issues ?

thanks for your prompt reply.

cheers Dave Ryan

(21 Feb '11, 09:36) Dave Ryan

Oh! Which version of ICU did you install? The instructions you linked to use 4.2.1, but the latest version of CouchDB seems to require 4.3.1.

(21 Feb '11, 09:50) David L ♦♦

Hi Dave, thanks that did the trick. Cheers _dR

(21 Feb '11, 12:19) Dave Ryan
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×103
×13

question asked: 21 Feb '11, 09:19

question was seen: 5,037 times

last updated: 21 Feb '11, 12:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM