Hi, I have a situation that decides my hosting solution. I have a django site that has to serve a lot of support files like drivers etc. I've got these files on a server with static IP in my country where is most of my userbase. But I don't have an option to host my web page on that server. Is it possible to route my static files serving to my own server if I host my site on your hosting? Also it would be great if you have some read on the matter so I know how to enable that sort of thing.

asked 21 Feb '11, 10:34

chubz's gravatar image

chubz
accept rate: 0%

This is possible if you don't mind hosting your files separate subdomain.

Say, for example, your domain was 'example.com'. If you host your 'main' site with us, you can host 'downloads.example.com' with your old host.

This is really simple to set up: you just point your domain at our nameservers, create a new subdomain in the control panel then set up a DNS override pointing it back to your old server.

link

answered 21 Feb '11, 10:39

David%20L's gravatar image

David L ♦♦
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×742
×109
×5
×1

Asked: 21 Feb '11, 10:34

Seen: 1,312 times

Last updated: 21 Feb '11, 10:39

Plans & prices    Sign up    Why WebFaction?    Contact us    Affiliate program    Support    Legal    Jobs    Blog    Control panel login