WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've installed Satchmo 0.9.2 on Django 1.2.5 with Python 2.7 following these instructions: http://forum.webfaction.com/viewtopic.php?pid=10579#p10579

In step 8 of the instructions I was asked to:

Create a 'symbolic link to static-only' app in the control panel for your admin media. The path will be /home/my_username/webapps/myshop/lib/python2.7/django/contrib/admin/media.

Which I did. Similary in step 9 a 'symbolic link to static-only' app in the control panel for shop media was created with the path /home/my_username/webapps/myshop/myproject/static.

Both apps were added to my website record with, respectively, the URL paths /media and /static.

However, If I now go to mysite.com/media or mysite.com/static I get 403 forbidden errors. The effect is that no css nor javascript is served, etc.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

asked 28 Feb '11, 08:31

BioGeek
accept rate: 0%

This usually means the path you've used is incorrect. Are you able to cd into the application's directory (either ~/webapps/<app> or directly at ~/webapps/myshop/lib/python2.7/django/contrib/admin/media).

(28 Feb '11, 09:01) David L ♦♦

Yes, I'm able to cd into the application's directory. In ~/webapps/myshop/lib/python2.7/django/contrib/admin/media for example, I see three subfolders: css, js and img.

(28 Feb '11, 09:34) BioGeek

Odd. Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

(28 Feb '11, 09:37) David L ♦♦

This link helped me greatly. Re: Admin templates not loading? Notice which settings.py settings are web addresses and which are local directories. Then for the rest you can follow the Django static files instruction.

permanent link

answered 10 May '11, 10:03

JBlack
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×125
×17
×7

question asked: 28 Feb '11, 08:31

question was seen: 4,300 times

last updated: 10 May '11, 10:03

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM