WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am not sure if that is proper terminology (fairly new to this). I have a site set up wordsofwilliams.com but when you click the about page or any of the other created pages, it re-directs to ericw.webfactional.com/about.

I am using wordpress, and I see in the general settings that you can change both the Wordpress address (URL) and the Site address (URL). I currently go to ericw.webfactional.com to log into my wordpress admin page if that helps. Do I need to change these to wordsofwilliams.com? And if I do that, will I still be able to log in at ericw.webfactional.com?

asked 01 Mar '11, 08:06

ericw
accept rate: 0%

I am not sure if that is proper terminology (fairly new to this). I have a site set up wordsofwilliams.com but when you click the about page or any of the other created pages, it re-directs to ericw.webfactional.com/about.

WordPress generates all links based on the URL in your site configuration, not domain the site is actually running on.

Do I need to change these to wordsofwilliams.com?

If you want all the generated links to use 'wordsofwilliams.com', then yes.

And if I do that, will I still be able to log in at ericw.webfactional.com?

I believe so, but I'm not sure. I know WordPress will automatically redirect you back to the 'main' domain listed in the config. So you'll actually be logging in at your 'main' domain, not the "webfactional.com" subdomain.

permanent link

answered 01 Mar '11, 08:16

David L ♦♦
1.4k13
accept rate: 45%

That totally worked. You are correct, I now log in at wordsofwilliams.com instead of webfactional. Thanks for the help!

(01 Mar '11, 08:30) ericw
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×76
×40

question asked: 01 Mar '11, 08:06

question was seen: 2,248 times

last updated: 01 Mar '11, 08:30

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM