WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I can't believe that this hasn't been asked before, but the closest I could find was this.

I'm using my account to provide mailboxes and run a few services and small websites. I need to keep track of how much disk space the mailboxes are taking up. I know I can check this manually in the control panel, but ideally I'd like to write a script which checks mailbox size periodically and notifies me or the users when thresholds are exceeded. The API does not seem to have this capability.

So:

• Is it currently possible to monitor mailbox usage automatically, through the API or otherwise?
  • If not, is this functionality going to be added in the future? When?
  • If not, why not? This seems like a common problem which could be solved by a simple addition to the API...

Thanks!

(btw I don't need strictly enforced quotas since I know all my users well and can simply ask them to clear out their mailboxes if they're becoming too large.)

asked 03 Mar '11, 05:10

brooter
accept rate: 0%

"Is it currently possible to monitor mailbox usage automatically, through the API or otherwise?"

Not through the API. You could script the panel but it's not ideal.

"If not, is this functionality going to be added in the future? When?"

Yes it will but we can't give you any ETA. We're busy working on a new control panel at the moment and API improvements will have to wait a bit.

permanent link

answered 03 Mar '11, 07:55

remi
accept rate: 26%

Just stumbled upon this question, today you can find the size of mailbox under https://docs.webfaction.com/xmlrpc-api/apiref.html#method-list_disk_usage

(25 May '16, 09:33) lorenz
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×75
×38
×20
×7
×1

question asked: 03 Mar '11, 05:10

question was seen: 4,390 times

last updated: 25 May '16, 09:33

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM