WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a development site at development.shantiyoga.ca and a production site at shantiyoga.ca

Built with Django, the development site has a basic Wordpress blog under 'Journal'. When I'm ready to move the blog to the live site; is it as simple as mounting the Wordpress application to the live Website in the Webfaction control panel, or am I going to run into path issues?

http://development.shantiyoga.ca/journal/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/joy-morrell-lectures-students-at-shanti-yoga-studio.jpg

Will the domain change dynamically, or did I screw up thinking I could work on some posts and switch it over to the live server with no issues?

Thanks for your time

asked 03 Mar '11, 16:26

shipwreck
accept rate: 50%

Hi,

You'll need to mount the site to the correct domain in the control panel AND change the URL in the Wordpress Admin section or in the wp_options table of the database to reflect the new domain so that your URLs work correctly. If you make the change in the database or through the Wordpress Admin interface the posts will change dynamically for you.

permanent link

answered 03 Mar '11, 19:29

klynton
1.6k1210
accept rate: 41%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×244
×11

question asked: 03 Mar '11, 16:26

question was seen: 10,146 times

last updated: 03 Mar '11, 19:29

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM