WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I bought an iphone app called iVersion. It looks promising, but doesnt quite work yet. Seanf helped with initial connection in question http://community.webfaction.com/questions/2451/iversion-for-svn. Now it almost works.

It does connect, gives a bunch of status (getting node, getting root, ...). But then it flames out and says "that version does not exist". I will ask that as a new question, since its really a new one. Its so close I can almost see it working!

It seems to be trying to retrieve revision 0; thats what it says while trying to connect. Possibly my repository doesnt have a rev0. Does there seem to be any way around this mismatch?

asked 06 Mar '11, 12:57

DropTableFSA
accept rate: 0%

All repos should have a rev 0 - that's the initial state of an empty repository.

If your repo requires authentication, are you passing the correct credentials?

If your repo is running over HTTPS, is your client accepting the certificate?

(06 Mar '11, 13:05) seanf

It seems like the repo accepts the certificate. Also, I have 1 domain thats just HTTP. The status indicators look the same (stuff like connecting, getting root etc).

At first I thought it might be that I had deleted the items from rev0. But when I use trouser svn I can see rev0 on everything.

I will ask the iphone app writter. It seems like it must be app related.

Thanks!

(08 Mar '11, 13:24) DropTableFSA

Any chance that there is another way to skin this cat? Perhaps a web-based repo browser. Then some PC would essentially do all the SVN stuff for me. I could use VNC in that fashion, but that is a bit heavy weight for what I want.

(08 Mar '11, 13:26) DropTableFSA

Yes, this definitely sounds like a bug with your iVersion app.

If you just want to browse the repo via the web, you can use Subversion's regular web UI in your iPhone browser.

(08 Mar '11, 13:28) seanf

Seanf has the real answer: " sounds like a bug with your iVersion app. " Then the topic went into other ways of using iphone to view SVN.

The instant solution is to just use subversions regular app. Possibly trac or something if I want even more. Thank you for the help!

permanent link

answered 09 Mar '11, 09:25

DropTableFSA
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×41
×7
×1

question asked: 06 Mar '11, 12:57

question was seen: 3,144 times

last updated: 09 Mar '11, 09:25

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM