WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I think that my mail messages have been deleted on the webfaction mail server. I can access most of them from an older mail client i.e. they have been stored on another machine..

I only noticed this when my new iphone arrived and when i set up the mail account i only got the last two weeks mail messages. I then went onto the webfaction webmail and noted the same.

I have not deleted these and would love to get them all back. Can they be restored? Have they been archived? I have checked the Q&A and there are no questions hence me asking.

asked 11 Mar '11, 10:20

paul sandham
accept rate: 0%

Is your "old" mail client using the POP3 protocol? If it is, then most likely it is deleting the messages off the server after it downloads them (or, say, two weeks after they are downloaded). This would only leave the newest messages on the server.

In any case, we have daily backups that go 10 days in the past. Anything that has been picked up by the backups could be restored to your mailbox. If you need your mailbox restored from certain date, just post a support request through your online Control Panel.

permanent link

answered 11 Mar '11, 10:41

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×70
×4
×2

question asked: 11 Mar '11, 10:20

question was seen: 3,021 times

last updated: 11 Mar '11, 10:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM