WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Mostly static website based on drupal with a lot of flash stuff in it. Getting 25K uniques a month and 70K - 100K pageviews a month. Currently on MT getting billed about $5 - $10 monthly for GPU overuse.

1. Will it sustain here on WF ?
  2. Do I need to get an additional 40MB memory ?
  3. Can I get a 1 month free trial without entering my CC info ? If its better here I'll go for billing, if not I'll stick to MT.

asked 17 Mar '11, 08:31

Prism Cement
accept rate: 0%

1. Maybe. Depends on a lot of things - whether you have the corred DB indexes, whether you are using some in-memory caching to optimize your application, how heavy are your pages and the database queries they generate, etc. In short: you can't tell in advance.
  2. Not likely. PHP scripts are normally not counted to your memory usage, as they start and finish within seconds. If you want to use some large in-memory cache, then you might consider a memory upgrade, but it is definitely not mandatory.
  3. No. You will need to sign up with your credit card info. If you are not happy with the service for whatever reason, however, you can have it canceled and you can get your money back at any point during the first 60 days of hosting.
permanent link

answered 17 Mar '11, 08:53

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

Maybe. Depends on a lot of things - whether you have the corred DB indexes, whether you are using some in-memory caching to optimize your application, how heavy are your pages and the database queries they generate, etc. In short: you can't tell in advance.
This is purely Drupal's default settings by the agency that has done this website.

(17 Mar '11, 09:02) Prism Cement

There is still no way to give an accurate estimate of how many pageviews will be supported. The only way to tell is to simply try it out.

(17 Mar '11, 09:08) tie

Theres a 1MB SWF file on the homepage which is main issue.
domain.com/gallery which is a XML file generated dynamically via drupal is 60% of requests.

(30 Mar '11, 08:19) Prism Cement
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×87
×63

question asked: 17 Mar '11, 08:31

question was seen: 3,747 times

last updated: 30 Mar '11, 08:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM