WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello From what I read in my "Welcome note", "my server" is running this.

* DJANGO INFORMATION *

You have an Apache server with mod_wsgi 3.2 and Python 2.6 installed running Django 1.2.5.

The Django libraries are installed in the ~/webapps/django/lib/python2.6/django directory.

When I login with SSH ( Putty ), python version is 2.6, but I've seen there are others too. Is this the version Django is running on, or there is no relation between both ? If I change the default python ( somehow I don't know yet ), will Django use new settings ?

I would like to know, if it's possible, how to change this configuration to use Python 2.7 with the new Django 1.3 ( I'm using this in local developments ). I do not pretend step-by-step tutorial ;), I'll be happy even if you could point me to the right Docs to read.

Hope I wrote correct English (not my lang) Thank you very much.

asked 24 Mar '11, 03:40

emt
accept rate: 0%

Sure. We added a new Django 1.3/Python 2.7 installer to our control panel yesterday.

You can just create a new application using this installer and you'll be all set :)

permanent link

answered 24 Mar '11, 03:50

David L ♦♦
1.4k13
accept rate: 45%

I checked python version in my new hosting server by running the python shell. it was running 2.4.3. Is there anyway that i can run python 2.7 shell?

(04 May '11, 13:28) vimukthi

@vimukthi: Yes. You just need to run python2.7 at the command prompt. You can also change that to be your default if you want by setting your PHTHONPATH in your .bashrc file.

(04 May '11, 13:48) bmeyer71 ♦♦

Thanks a lot!

(04 May '11, 14:05) vimukthi

Awww.... well, Just Awesome :). You made my day. Thank you.

permanent link

answered 24 Mar '11, 03:59

emt
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×52

question asked: 24 Mar '11, 03:40

question was seen: 4,418 times

last updated: 04 May '11, 14:05

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM