WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello world!

I just registered <mysite>.com from Godaddy.com. I have it set up to go to all 4 of webfactions name servers. I have added <mysite>.com to the list of domains. I'm not sure where to go from here. Currently, when I go to <mysite>.com, the default "Coming soon: another fine site..." comes up. How do I get <mysite>.com to bring up what is brought up by "myname".webfactional.com.

Side question: <mysite>.com brings up the default "Coming Soon..." but www.<mysite>.com brings up 404

asked 02 Nov '10, 23:39

Sean Lambert
accept rate: 25%

Hi,

One thing you should check is to make sure that you pointed your NS servers to our DNS servers instead of pointing your domain to out DNS servers. You can see the difference by running the command:

host <mysite>.com

Once you have done that our DNS servers will create the www subdomains and any other domains for you rather than having to manually create them from GoDaddy.

If you aren't sure how to run that command you can submit a ticket or add your actual domain here and we can help.

permanent link

answered 02 Nov '10, 23:47

klynton
1.6k1210
accept rate: 41%

Ok so right now, I have it so mysite.com AND myname.webfactional.com both work. But www.mysite.com doesn't resolve. Google Chrome says it can't find site. Is this a Godaddy issue or is this Webfaction?

(02 Nov '10, 23:59) Sean Lambert

Crap. Nevermind. They all 3 work now. I'm not user what I changed. Maybe some changes I made a while ago finally came through. Either way, thanks!

(02 Nov '10, 23:59) Sean Lambert

Hi,

Sometimes DNS takes some time to completely resolve. :)

(03 Nov '10, 00:01) klynton
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128

question asked: 02 Nov '10, 23:39

question was seen: 3,129 times

last updated: 03 Nov '10, 14:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM