WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm considering using MongoDB for a new Pyramid project. I'm concerned about the 2.5GB limitation that the 32bit version of MongoDB has. 2 questions.

1) Is there any plans to support the 64bit version?

2) If not, is there a host that provides a VPS that is in close proximity to the Webfaction servers for minimal network lag so I could run an instance of MongoDB somewhere else?

asked 04 Apr '11, 23:37

aptidude
accept rate: 0%

Max RAM per server on any of our shared servers is 240MB. Because of this Mongo DB is not recommended on our platform. To answer your first question, We use a 32 bit OS and do not currently offer 64 bit machines.

permanent link

answered 04 Apr '11, 23:47

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

I figured that would be the case. That's why I was also asking about another provider just for the Mongo instances. I didn't know if you guys (are a subsidiary of someone|have a subsidiary|have a partner) that does VPS.

(05 Apr '11, 10:25) aptidude

No, we don't. Our servers are all hosted by SoftLayer (formerly The Planet) in their Houston and Dallas data centers, so if you can find a VPS provider that uses those same DCs then you might be able to get the proximity you need.

(05 Apr '11, 10:38) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×29

question asked: 04 Apr '11, 23:37

question was seen: 4,086 times

last updated: 05 Apr '11, 10:38

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM