WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm considering porting a MySQL database over to PostgreSQL that includes full text searching. The postgres method of using synonym dictionaries on the search phrase seems incrediably useful rather than having to mess around rewriting queries everywhere else. However all the examples I've seen require the dictionaries to be in the $SHAREDIR which at /usr/share is inaccessible - and seems to preclude each seperate database being able to define it's own dictionaries.

Is there are way to supply this information or am I looking at having to run my own database / live without this?

asked 08 Apr '11, 03:45

cmdkeen
accept rate: 0%

Q. Is there are way to supply this information or am I looking at having to run my own database / live without this?

A. According to Postgres official docs the SHAREDIR environment variable is what dictates what path a dictionary can be called from,

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/textsearch-dictionaries.html

The default SHAREDIR on our platform is,

SHAREDIR = /usr/share/pgsql

As reported by pg_config. You would have to build your own database server to be able to control its settings.

permanent link

answered 08 Apr '11, 04:13

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

edited 08 Apr '11, 04:16

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×109
×22

question asked: 08 Apr '11, 03:45

question was seen: 3,859 times

last updated: 08 Apr '11, 04:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM