WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to run Cloud9 but I'm getting this error when I try to run "bin/could9.sh"

support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Thanks

--edit--

AFTER the symbolic link test fix:

I did the symbolic link trick and I had to do it with libcrypto.so.0.9.8(e) too. Now I'm getting thoses errors..

support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32: /home/wobsite/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32)
support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32: /home/wobsite/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32)
support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32)
support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32)
support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.6' not found (required by support/node-builds-v4/node-linux32)

Thanks

asked 09 Apr '11, 17:38

cedric
accept rate: 0%

edited 09 Apr '11, 20:15

This seems like a compatibility issue.

Are you running a precompiled binary, or did you compile this from source?

(09 Apr '11, 20:25) ryans

I was running a precompiled binary.

(10 Apr '11, 18:11) cedric

Our systems don't have the libssl.so.0.9.8 file; we have a slightly updated version which is likely compatible:

/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e

If it is indeed compatible with your software, you should be able to make use of it using something like this:

ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e $HOME/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
bin/cloud9.sh

If this does work, then the easiest way to package the solution into a convenient executable is to create a simple shell script wrapper; something like this:

(in a file called cloud9_start.sh in the same directory as cloud9.sh)

#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec ./cloud9.sh $@        # it's actually best to use the full path to cloud9.sh here

Then, just run cloud9_start.sh instead.

Alternatively (simpler, but less elegant), just set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your ~/.bash_profile file so that it's always active.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 09 Apr '11, 19:36

ryans
5.0k104060
accept rate: 43%

edited 09 Apr '11, 19:37

Problem solved!

With those instructions : http://blog.area256.com/?p=944

At step 3 I had this error : o3.node: undefined symbol: __sync_add_and_fetch_4

To fix it, edit the CCFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in wscript like this (add '-march=i686') before building :

conf.env.append_value('CCFLAGS', ['-O3', '-msse2', '-ffast-math', '-march=i686'])
conf.env.append_value('CXXFLAGS', ['-O3', '-msse2', '-ffast-math', '-march=i686'])

Thanks for the help

permanent link

answered 10 Apr '11, 18:10

cedric
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×67
×4
×1

question asked: 09 Apr '11, 17:38

question was seen: 6,707 times

last updated: 10 Apr '11, 18:11

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM