WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am a new webfaction user and will be hosting some wordpress sites. I'm able to log into my ftp username.webfactional.com but the directory tree doesn't show the wordpress directory. It also doesn't give me access to the home directory. I'm trying to upload new themes. any ideas are appreciated.

asked 19 Apr '11, 01:27

danvalade
accept rate: 0%

All web applications on your account have an associated directory in the "webapps" directory. When logging into FTP, you should see a "webapps" directory. Inside that directory live all of your applications, and a default wordpress application is named "wp". So, generally, there should be a directory webapps/wp in your home directory that contains all of the wordpress files.

If you log into FTP and don't see the webapps directory, it's possible that you're not in your home directory. If so, try to change directory to /home/username.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 19 Apr '11, 01:53

ryans ♦♦
5.0k103960
accept rate: 43%

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I must have something wrong with my FTP login. After I login I cannot access the /home directory, it says I don't have permission. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

(19 Apr '11, 07:54) danvalade

You are not supposed to access the /home directory. Instead you should access /home/<username> (where <username> is your Control Panel username).

(19 Apr '11, 07:59) tie
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×245

question asked: 19 Apr '11, 01:27

question was seen: 6,005 times

last updated: 19 Apr '11, 07:59

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM