WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I had Awstats installed for my Django app. I deleted the app and then created it again with the same name (but different Python and Django version and some changes in the directory structure). Does it mean I have to do something with Awstats app for it to work with the new app?

asked 19 Apr '11, 02:12

nuigurumi
accept rate: 0%

AWstats applications are actually associated with website records and not applications. When an application is deleted, its corresponding entry is deleted from the website record. You will need to add the newly-created one to the website record in its place.

However, that should be the only necessary change.

permanent link

answered 19 Apr '11, 02:22

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Hmmm, don't get it. I have re-created the website with the same name as before. What else should I change where?

(21 Apr '11, 10:13) nuigurumi

You shouldn't need to change anything else. Feel free to open a support ticket if you'd like us to have a look.

(21 Apr '11, 12:11) seanf

I think I got it now. I kept the website address, but changed it's "internal" name, by which it is represented in the control panel. So that must be the "website record" ryans told me about. I don't see a way to change it for the awstats app through the control panel - is that possible? Would be unlucky if I have to remove it and install a new one, because I installed some extensions for it long ago, which i don't remember how to install...

(22 Apr '11, 06:20) nuigurumi

You can't change it from within the control panel. You will either need to remove it and add a new AWStats application, or edit the script it uses to update its data. If you want help updating its script, open a support ticket and we'll tell you what you need to change.

(22 Apr '11, 06:34) aaronh ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×18

question asked: 19 Apr '11, 02:12

question was seen: 18,190 times

last updated: 22 Apr '11, 06:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM