WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello there, Recently I have created magento store site and applied custom theme on development server and everything including email was working as expected. when I need to make this site live I've copied codebase and replicate database and change config.xml for database setting. Everything was working fine but I found yesterday that My live site not seding any emails not for sale or not for even reset password.

Any comments or suggestions ?

exception 'Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception' with message 'Unable to send mail. ' in /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/lib/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137

Stack trace:

#0 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/lib/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()

#1 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/lib/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))

#2 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php(384): Zend_Mail->send()

#3 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template->send('riz@webbyfox.co...', 'riz mansuri', Array)

#4 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Customer.php(580): Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template->sendTransactional('customer_passwo...', 'support', 'riz@webbyfox.co...', 'riz mansuri', Array)

#5 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/controllers/AccountController.php(522): Mage_Customer_Model_Customer->sendPasswordReminderEmail()

#6 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Customer_AccountController->forgotPasswordPostAction()

#7 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('forgotpasswordp...')

#8 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))

#9 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(340): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()

#10 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/app/Mage.php(627): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)

#11 /home/rmansuri/webapps/wmm/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')

#12 {main}

asked 03 May '11, 07:48

webbyfox
accept rate: 100%

Hi,

PHP's mail() function should work on our servers no problem as well as SMTP. Can you check to see which of those you are using and that you've correctly entered the details that are required to send email from your account?

permanent link

answered 08 Jul '11, 00:24

klynton
1.6k1210
accept rate: 41%

I had the same problem after upgrading to 1.5.1.0 and fixed it by running "yum install sendmail" via ssh

permanent link

answered 25 Aug '11, 08:37

Vivian Mackessy
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

You don't have root access so running yum install sendmail shouldn't do anything, it should prompt you for authorization.

(25 Aug '11, 08:44) klynton
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×260
×17

question asked: 03 May '11, 07:48

question was seen: 8,763 times

last updated: 25 Aug '11, 08:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM