WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I would like to use at least python 2.5, but preferably python 2.6. The problem is I had a really old app running, and I wanted to upgrade it. I copied my source out of the webapps folder, deleted the app, then created a new one with the same name and the latest version of django. (I am also switching from mod_python to modwsgi). After the new folder was there I copied my source back in, made sure my libraries were there, and all that. When I run ./manage.py shell, however, I still see that it is using python 2.3. Is there some way to make is use the latest by default?

asked 04 Nov '10, 16:52

peterw
accept rate: 0%

permanent link

answered 04 Nov '10, 16:55

lamusoftware
accept rate: 16%

type python2.6 manage.py shell

permanent link

answered 04 Nov '10, 18:46

mbrochh
accept rate: 16%

edited 04 Nov '10, 18:47

Just to clarify this point: when you run ./manage.py, it's usually running with the default system Python, or whatever the plain python command runs for you. On our oldest servers, that's Python 2.3. On our newer servers, it's Python 2.4. So, an effective way to work around that is by invoking manage.py with a specific Python version, eg python2.6 manage.py <command>.

(04 Nov '10, 19:33) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909

question asked: 04 Nov '10, 16:52

question was seen: 3,782 times

last updated: 04 Nov '10, 19:33

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM