WebFaction
Community site: login faq

How to perform a "custom app listening on port" Wordpress install (not via Control Panel installer)? I see that it does not work by default.

asked 06 May '11, 10:35

uresende
accept rate: 0%

Wordpress does not work as a "Custom app listening on port". Only applications that work as Web Servers are supposed to use the "Custom app listening on port" option. Wordpress is not a Web Server.

If you already have a custom WebServer (e.g. your own Apache stack) and you want to add Wordpress to it, the easiest way to go would be to install Wordpress via the one-click installer in the Control Panel, and then configure a Vhost entry in your web server, with a DocumentRoot matching the folder of the installed Wordpress app.

permanent link

answered 06 May '11, 10:49

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

I have managed to install Magento via "Custom app listening on port", so I thought that could also work for Wordpress. What's the correct installation procedure for applications like Magento then?

permanent link

answered 06 May '11, 11:02

uresende
accept rate: 0%

The correct procedure for PHP apps like Magento is to set them up inside a Static/CGI/PHP application in the Control Panel.

(06 May '11, 11:06) tie

I have successfully installed WP inside a "Static/CGI/PHP application". The backend is accessible, but I only get a "Hello, world" on the frontend. Any idea why? I guess this info is relevant as some people like to perform their own WP installations.

(06 May '11, 11:57) uresende

Remove the index.html file from the directory. Our server serves index.html before it serves index.php.

(06 May '11, 12:28) aaronh ♦♦

Awesome. Still getting familiarized with WF, but the experience has been great so far.

Thanks!

(06 May '11, 12:32) uresende
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×245
×47
×44

question asked: 06 May '11, 10:35

question was seen: 4,619 times

last updated: 06 May '11, 12:32

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM