WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

My user account is mercurius, when I do some jobs with my webapp, suddenly "ALL" of my apache instance will be killed, and my ssh connection disconnected.

I run a python script to send requests to my webapp, after run about 5 minutes (not a single request), all apache instance will disappear (including other webapps).

Why? is my fault or something?

Thanks.

asked 12 May '11, 06:39

bear330
accept rate: 0%

Most likely you are getting over your memory limit - in this case all your processes would be terminated. Normally, you would get a notification in your Control Panel (visible in Account -> Messages) when this happens. If you have some unresolved notices there , however, new notifications will not be generated.

You might want to download and run this script for some user-friendly display of your memory usage:

permanent link

answered 12 May '11, 06:45

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

Are you webfaction's staff? I have a question about upgrade my memory limit, the upgrade page in control panel shows +$7/month per 40MB, but the prices page (http://www.webfaction.com/services/hosting) shows +$5/month per 40MB... Why? Thanks.

(12 May '11, 23:10) bear330

The memory upgrade prices are different for different servers:

• Web1 - Web172: $7/month per 40 MB
  • Web173+: $5/month per 40 MB

The newer servers have better hardware and more RAM which supports the lower prices and increased disk space.

You are free to migrate to the new servers at any time. All you will need to do is move your websites and applications according to the migration guide.

Just open a ticket if you are interested migrating; there is no charge for opening a migration account on a new server and you will have two free weeks to perform a migration.

Update: as of Dec 15, 2011, all plans have at least 256MB of memory and many servers can be upgraded to 512MB at a cost of $7/month

(12 May '11, 23:21) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×225
×3

question asked: 12 May '11, 06:39

question was seen: 3,684 times

last updated: 08 Feb '12, 20:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM