WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've been struggling trying to get Firefox to load a font from Amazon S3.

Are we able to set header access control via .htaccess?

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|eot|woff|font.css)$">
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
  </IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

Is basically what I have in mine...

asked 12 May '11, 17:17

dazednconfused
accept rate: 0%

edited 12 May '11, 17:22

Did you check using Firebug or any other header inspection tool if the header is actually for your file?

You can see the following thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-font-face-not-working-in-firefox

for more solutions.

Hope that helps!

(12 May '11, 21:06) neeravk

I've run in the same issue. Almost a year and no answer? is there no way to use custom web fonts on webfaction?

(25 Feb '13, 12:14) tutuca

@tutuca:

There is a way. I use custom web fonts with @font-face with several sites hosted on WebFaction.

My method is pretty simple: I upload all the necessary .svg, .ttf and .woff files into my css directory (on WebFaction, not in a remote filesystem). Then, I include the @font-face declarations in a font.css file in the same directory.

Read this, and the linked articles, for a full explanation of "bulletproof" @font-face syntax.

TL;DR: Use Font Squirrel’s awesome @font-face generator. It does all of this for you, and more. (Thanks, Paul Irish!)

Caveat: This is just a comment, not an answer. I cannot answer the original question posted by @dazedandconfused, because I don't load the web fonts from Amazon S3. (It sounds like the OP is running into the issues described here.) All I can say for sure is that my method works for me, and it works on WebFaction.

HTH. HAND.

(25 Feb '13, 13:41) hotwebmatter
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×75
×6
×5
×4

question asked: 12 May '11, 17:17

question was seen: 5,864 times

last updated: 25 Feb '13, 13:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM