WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I have a Wordpress application which I created with the 3.1.0 installer. Soon after, the 3.1.1 version was available and I upgraded right away with the "web upgrade" of Wordpress itself. Since then, I also upgraded to the 3.1.2 version.

However, since I first saw that the 3.1.1 upgrade was available and whereas I upgraded to the newest version, Wordpress still continues to display me that a new version is available in the administration panel: "WordPress 3.1.2 is available! Please update now."

When I click on the update now link, it opens the update-core.php page, which now says You have the latest version of WordPress., and the update now message that I had before doesn't show up anymore for a while (maybe until in logoff/logon again, but I'm not sure).

It's not really disturbing, but I'm not paying attention to the upgrade message anymore, and I may loose the next real upgrade next time, and actually, it's kind of annoying anyway. But I couldn't find anything about this problem, any thoughts?

asked 15 May '11, 07:04

multani
accept rate: 0%

edited 15 May '11, 07:47

Perhaps some plugin is causing the version mismatch? You can try disabling all your Wordpress plugins to see if it makes a difference.

Or, you can wait for a new WordPress version and see if it resolves the problem.

permanent link

answered 15 May '11, 07:20

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

edited 15 May '11, 07:20

I tried to disable all the plugins (I don't use that much actually), and I still have the problem :(

(15 May '11, 18:03) multani

What version is reported in the MySQL database? I have not dug up the docs or code that says it, but I remember seeing this in Wordpress databases and assume this is how it determines the version for upgrades by checking it.

(15 May '11, 18:20) johns

I don't find lot of interesting version information in the database: I have db_version to 17516 and then some plugin related versions...

According to http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_3.1.2, this is the right version. I also have this in wp-includes/version.php: $wp_version = '3.1.2';

(15 May '11, 19:25) multani

At this point I would recommend posting in the Wordpress forums or submitting a support ticket for us to take a look directly.

(15 May '11, 19:55) johns

I posted the question in the Wordpress support forum at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-doesnt-know-it-has-been-upgraded

(16 May '11, 03:28) multani
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×40
×25

question asked: 15 May '11, 07:04

question was seen: 3,387 times

last updated: 16 May '11, 03:28

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM