WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello all,

After installing magento on custom app and installed APC and followed several other method to speed up my site. Eventually site is fast enough but still on first instance when it connect it tooks around 5 sec to load the site.

I wonder Is it Domain lookup taking time for finding site or any other issues realted to my site?

site is www.wingmirrorsmarket.co.uk

I notice once its been connected (first loaded) then site is fast enough to my accepted level of fastness.

Thanks for your time.

WebbyFox

asked 16 May '11, 10:47

webbyfox
accept rate: 100%

You're probably serving your static media (like images) directly from your custom Apache app. Since Apache is doing the extra work of serving your static media, it takes longer to process your PHP.

To fix that, use a static-only symlink app to serve your image directories (eg whatever directory this image lives in).

permanent link

answered 16 May '11, 15:35

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Could you please point out any documentation how to do that ?

(16 May '11, 15:43) webbyfox

We don't have any documentation for your specific applicaiton, but it would be very similar to this procedure for WordPress, with the following changes:

• In step 2.f, use the path to your media directory instead of the wp-content/uploads directory, eg /home/you/webapps/yourapp/htdocs/media
  • In step 3.e, use /media for the URL path instead of /wp-content/uploads
(16 May '11, 16:30) seanf

Great, it improved a lot...

(16 May '11, 17:22) webbyfox

Magento is quite heavy and resource hungry application, certainly 5 seconds is to long for rendering 17Kb of HTML. Have you enabled caching in your control panel?

permanent link

answered 16 May '11, 11:41

Naz
accept rate: 0%

Yes, I did enable

(16 May '11, 15:29) webbyfox
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×17

question asked: 16 May '11, 10:47

question was seen: 4,468 times

last updated: 16 May '11, 17:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM